Course At A Glance
Learning Unit 1: The Structures of Policy Making in the South African Context
Learning Unit 2: Factors Affecting Policy-Making
Learning Unit 3: Policy Design
Learning Unit 4: Evaluate Policy Alternatives
Learning Unit 5: Applying Ethical Principles to Policy Design and Analysis
Who Should Attend
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• all individuals involved in policy development and management;
• individuals working within a public sector environment specialising in public management and administration;
• elected political leaders and public sector officials involved with the service delivery activities that require the use of public assets to render services to the communities; and
• public officials and political executives, strategic executive managers and other role-players.
How You Will Benefit
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• the ability to effectively develop and manage policies; and
• being able to implement policies.
Four day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
Aligned Unit Standards
|Apply South African legislation and policy affecting public administration
|Formulate and evaluate public sector policies and regulations
Scheduled Venues and Dates
20 May 2019 - 23 May 2019
||4 Feb 2019 - 7 Feb 2019
9 Sep 2019 - 12 Sep 2019
||18 Jun 2019 - 21 Jun 2019
||18 Nov 2019 - 21 Nov 2019
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standards is based on the assumption that learners are competent in:
• communication (NQF level 4); and
• mathematical literacy (NQF level 4).
It is recommended that learners are also competent in:
• economics (NQF level 4); and
• computer skills (NQF level 4).