Learning Unit 1: Basic Principles, Reporting Requirements and the Nature of Functions in the Public Sector
Learning Unit 2: Accounting Techniques and Approaches to Process Financial Information
Learning Unit 3: Preparation of Financial Statements
Learning Unit 4: Control Over Cash Transactions and Balances
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• individuals who are or will be responsible for performing accounting functions and tasks in organisations;
• public officials who are seeking to develop a career pathway towards becoming an accomplished public finance management and administration specialist; and
• department and organisation managers.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• ability to apply public sector accounting principles and procedures;
• thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations and prescripts;
• thorough knowledge of financial transactions posted with the aid of a computerised accounting system;
• detailed knowledge of the function and purpose of asset and liability (suspense) items;
• enhanced knowledge of financial system functions;
• enhanced appreciation of the impact a learnerâ€™s performance may have on the functions and responsibilities of other persons in an organisation; and
• a competent and motivated workforce.