Learning Unit 1: An Introduction to the Labour Relations Act (Act 66 of 1995)
Learning Unit 2: Bodies Created by the Labour Relations Act (Act 66 of 1995)
Learning Unit 3: Stakeholders Covered by the Labour Relations Act (Act 66 of 1995)
Learning Unit 4: Dismissal Disputes
Learning Unit 5: Dispute Resolution Routes for Dismissal Disputes
Learning Unit 6: Unfair Labour Practice Disputes
Learning Unit 7: Codes of Good Practice and Schedules in Terms of the Labour Relations Act (Act 66 of 1995)
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public and private sector and is aimed at:
• department and organisation managers; and
• HRM officials working with labour relations issues.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• a clear understanding of labour relations issues;
• improved ability to interpret and apply creative problem-solving techniques to a wide variety of labour relations issues;
• the ability to implement the various Codes of Good Practice as well as Schedules; and
• the ability to implement fair practices.
Five day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.