Learning Unit 1: Sources of Conflict
Learning Unit 2: Conflict Management Strategies
Learning Unit 3: The Effective Conflict Manager
Learning Unit 4: The Importance of Diversity Management in the South African Workplace
Learning Unit 5: Racism, Sexism and Other â€œismsâ€
Learning Unit 6: Discrimination and Prejudices
Learning Unit 7: Promoting a Culture of Equality
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public and private sector and is aimed at:
• individuals wishing to become more adept at handling conflict;
• individuals who are interested in understanding the facets of diversity and learning how to manage it; and
• department and organisation managers.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• enhanced commitment and willingness to work through problems and deal with challenges accordingly;
• understanding of conflict management techniques and how they can be used;
• acknowledging, understanding, accepting, valuing and celebrating the uniqueness among people irrespective of race, age, class and gender; and
• enhanced communication skills and interpersonal relationships; bringing about new attitudes and processes to the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
Five day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standards are based on the assumption that learners are competent in:
•communication (NQF level 4);
• mathematical literacy (NQF level 4); and
• computer literacy (NQF level 3).