Learning Unit 1: The Essential Elements of Knowledge Economy
Learning Unit 2: The Essential Features of Human Capital
Learning Unit 3: Structural Capital
Learning Unit 4: Customer Capital
Learning Unit 5: Core Ethical Values and Standards of the Public Sector
Learning Unit 6: Ethical Values and Standards Contained in Legislation and Codes
Learning Unit 7: Areas of Ethical Conflict for Public Sector Employees
Learning Unit 8: The Relevance of Established Professional Ethics and Codes of Conduct in Public Sector Administration
Learning Unit 9: Codes of Conduct of the Public Service Finance and Administration
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• all individuals, especially those who manage knowledge and who are involved in organisational transformation and change management;
• public officials who are seeking to develop a career pathway towards becoming accomplished public management and administration specialists; and
• department and organisation managers.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• the ability to recognise human capital that will determine the organisationâ€™s output, productivity and reputation;
• understanding of the interaction between tangible and intangible assets in the creation of value;
• the ability to integrate a service culture based on ethics and values into own work context; and
• compliance to public service codes of conduct.
Five day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
Apply knowledge of ethical principles, standards and professional conduct in public sector management and administration
Apply principles of knowledge management to organisational transformation
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standards are based on the assumptions that learners:
•are competent in communication (NQF level 4); and
• possess a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent qualification.