Learning Unit 1: Locating Problems within a Wider Public Sector Context
Learning Unit 2: Problem Solving as a Process
Learning Unit 3: Levels of Authority and Protocols Relating to the Resolution of Problems
Learning Unit 4: Decision Making to Contribute towards Overall Public Sector Objectives
Learning Unit 5: The Principles of Risk Management as Applied to Problem Analysis and Decision Making
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• officials involved in service delivery functions within the public sector, including functions related to communities or other stakeholders; and
• individuals who work in the public sector.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• the ability to identify, analyse, solve and manage problems within the workplace; and
• the ability to contribute to the improvement of service delivery through the cultivation of effective administration and management skills.
Two day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
Demonstrate an ability to apply the principles of problem identification, analysis and decision-making within immediate work context
Scheduled Venues and Dates
17 Dec 20-18 Dec 20
21 Jan 21-22 Jan 21 25 Mar 21-26 Mar 21 17 Jun 21-18 Jun 21 07 Oct 21-08 Oct 21 03 Dec 20-04 Dec 20
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standards is based on
the assumption that learners are competent in:
•communication (NQF level 3);
• mathematical literacy (NQF level 3); and
• computer literacy (NQF level 3).