Learning Unit 1: Emotional Intelligence
Learning Unit 2: Work Relationships
Learning Unit 3: Stress Management
Learning Unit 4: Career Path Development
Learning Unit 5: Core Ethical Values and Standards of the Public Sector
Learning Unit 6: Ethical Values and Standards Contained in Legislation and Codes
Learning Unit 7: Areas of Ethical Conflict for Public Sector Employees
Learning Unit 8: The Relevance of Established Professional Ethics and Codes of Conduct in Public Sector Administration
Learning Unit 9: Codes of Conduct of the Public Service Finance and Administration
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• all individuals;
• public officials who are seeking to develop a career pathway towards becoming accomplished public management and administration specialists; and
• department and organisation managers.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• improved emotional intelligence;
• personal development;
• improved interpersonal skills by adapting to work environment;
• the ability to build effective teams within a department or across an organisation;
• the ability to integrate a service culture based on ethics and values into own work context; and
• compliance to public service codes of conduct.
Four day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
Manage and develop oneself in the public sector work environment
Apply knowledge of ethical principles, standards and professional conduct in public sector management and administration
Scheduled Venues and Dates
24 Jan 22-27 Jan 22 25 Jul 22-28 Jul 22 24 Oct 22-27 Oct 22 12 Jan 21-15 Jan 21 12 Apr 21-15 Apr 21 19 Jul 21-22 Jul 21 15 Nov 21-18 Nov 21
12 Jan 21-15 Jan 21 12 Apr 21-15 Apr 21 19 Jul 21-22 Jul 21 15 Nov 21-18 Nov 21
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standard is based on the assumptions that learners:
•are competent in communication (NQF level 4); and
• are in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent qualification.