Fleet Management for National and Provincial Government Departments
Learning Unit 1: Fleet Management Principles
Learning Unit 2: Apply Knowledge of Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Technical and Maintenance Activities
Learning Unit 3: Select Appropriate Vehicles and Methods of Acquisitioning and Financing
Learning Unit 4: Execute the Fleet Management Policy of the Undertaking
Learning Unit 5: Subsidised Motor Transport
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• individuals who will be involved in transport administration and procedures in a department; and
• organisation and transport managers.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• knowledge of effective transport management within departments; and
• meeting of national requirements for managing transport principles within a department.
Four day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
03 Aug 20-06 Aug 20 02 Nov 20-05 Nov 20 18 Jan 21-21 Jan 21 06 Apr 21-09 Apr 21 05 Jul 21-08 Jul 21 04 Oct 21-07 Oct 21
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standard is based on the assumption that learners:
•are competent in numeracy (NQF level 3);
• are competent in literacy (NQF level 3);
• are competent in communication skills (NQF level 2); and
• have a certificate in road transport management (NQF level 3).