Provide Care and Support for Babies, Toddlers and Young Children
Learning Unit 1: Work with families and communities to support Early Childhood Development
Learning Unit 2: Provide care for babies, toddlers and young children
Learning Unit 3: Support children and adults living with HIV and AIDS
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the Early Childhood Development sector and is intended for those who need to:
• provide care for preschool children in terms of health and safety; and
• provide support for adults and children living with HIV and AIDS.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• learning how to involve parents and the community in the process of supporting early childhood development;
• the ability to create a safe environment for children to grow and develop in;
• gaining knowledge and understanding on how to manage common childhood diseases in an early childhood development set up;
• learning how to compile a weekly eating plan for babies, toddlers and young children; and
• being able to support adults and children in the early childhood development set up to manage HIV and AIDS.
Four day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.