Assessor Programme (Design, Develop and Conduct Assessments)
Learning Unit 1: Outcomes-Based Assessment
Learning Unit 2: Prepare for Assessments
Learning Unit 3: Conduct Assessments and Document Evidence
Learning Unit 4: Provide Feedback on Assessments
Learning Unit 5: Review Assessments
Learning Unit 6: Assessment Design Principles
Learning Unit 7: Design Outcomes-Based Assessments
Learning Unit 8: Develop Assessment Activities and Guides
Learning Unit 9: Evaluate Assessment Designs and Guides
Who should Attend ?
This skills programme is designed for the public and private sector and is aimed at:
• individuals assessing the competence of others according to specified criteria and predesigned instruments; and
• individuals interested in designing and developing assessments which are consistent, effective, reliable and objective.
What are the benefits ?
The benefits of this skills programme include:
• the ability to register as an assessor;
• compliance with assessment principles; and
• being able to design and develop assessment instruments.
Four day contact session combined with practical workplace experience.
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standards is based on the assumptions that learners:
•are competent in the relevant field in which they are designing assessments or have access to subject matter experts;
• are able to analyse and interpret the relevant outcomes (or standards); and
• have no previous assessment experience.